2012/03/19

The Adventure

For my exam project I choose to work on a quote by Arthur C. Clarke: 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
I want to explore the relationship between technology and magic and I research on the new nanotechnology of pineapple. Scientists have revealed that the fiber from its leaf and stem can be made into stronger, lighter, and more sustainable materials for cars and other products. This amazing study is still hard to believe but it is in great progress now. 
During my research I have grown interests in the role of scientists. They are both the pioneers of technology and also maybe the craziest dreamers. To them, technology and magic is definitely indistinguishable, for their job is to study how these unknown ‘magic’ works. Once resolved, magic can be applied and turns into technology. I made a stop motion animation to celebrate this inspiring potential of pineapple and also to show my thoughts about and respects to the scientists; they are not only the pioneers of technology, but also the creative dreamers that see developing possibilities in everything.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment